The Catherine Wheel was situated
14 High St. Established at the end of the 18th century
when it was owned by the Bendysh family of Barringon Hall.
Popular with GIs from nearby Duxford and Fowlmere airfields during WW2. Sold
for £800 in 1944 on condition that it be de-licensed.
Publican in 1916 was Arthur Hardman, in the
1920s James Sutton.