The Rutland Arms was situated on Main
Street. The building is constructed of limestone ashlar with pantiled roof,
and has an inscription bearing the date 1835 and the initials CH. There is a
reference to a coroner's inquest held in the Rutland Arms, Wilsford, in May
of 1827. This suggests that there was an earlier building on the site that
was also an inn.