The Waggon & Horses was situated
on Littlemoor Green and was initially known as the Green Dragon.
In the overseers records of 1736 it records that Edward Tull
was of the ‘Green Dragon’, but didn’t specify that it was an Inn. Later
in the Midgham Court Roll of 1789 it does mention John Swain who lived at
the sign of ‘The Waggon and Horses’ at Littlemoor Green, and that it had
earlier been known as the ‘Green Dragon’. Presumably
after the opening of the Coach and Horses, the Waggon and Horses closed
down. The last mention of the
Waggon and Horses was in the Court Roll of 1831, when it read as
follows: “We present that the cottage on "Littlemoor Green" known by the
sign of the Waggon and Horses, sometime The Green Dragon, is now fell down”.