The nearby Chelsea Hospital for Women (now part of The Royal Brompton
Hospital) had its foundation stone laid by The Princess of Wales in 1880 and
this is may be the reason for the pubís name. Around this time, Dovehouse
Street acquired its new name, having previously been called Arthur Street.
There are also planning records as late as 1956 showing the address of the
pub/site as 105 Dovehouse Street.
The pub closed sometime in the early 2000s and became a French restaurant
called Le Columbier.